Together We Stand
A Private Education & Recreation Retreat
FREE for Active Duty Military, Veterans, First Responders,
and their Guests:
Spouse/Partner, Battle Buddy, or Agency Partner
January 26-28, 2023 / Loveland, CO
Overnight Retreat Arrival: 5pm Friday
Departure: 3:30pm Sunday
Day Guests also Welcome
Dynamic Education - Guest Speakers
Tools to Manage the Common Fall-Out of Serving High-Risk Operating Environments:
Loss, Grief, Life Threat, Traumatic Stress,
Ethical Conflicts, Moral Trauma, and
Sense of Self & Identity, strained relationships and communication.
YOUR RETREAT INCLUDES:
Double Occupancy/Shared Rooms: King, Double or 2 Twin Beds
(limit: 8 overnight guests)
Elegant, Comfortable Meeting Room with Fireplace
Multiple Seating/Dining Areas,
Indoors and Outdoors
ALL FREE for Active Duty Military, Veterans, First Responders,
and their Guests: Spouse/Partner, a Battle Buddy, or an Agency Partner.
Honorary Welcome Ceremony
Confidential Break-Out Groups
Private Wellness Consult with Mary
Special Closing Ceremony
Hear what others say about both the benefits and challenges of
their service experience
Learn why intrusive thoughts, strong feelings, and the tendency to isolate are normal reactions to more "abnormal" service experiences
Understand why non-sexual intimacy can be difficult for couples
Leave with easy tools to manage limiting symptoms, and
improve your relationships
"Great education information I've never heard before such as SUDs,
'moral conflict', and techniques to work through triggers."
- Veteran Participant, Mary Scott's Veterans' Retreat, March 2019
Your Retreat Awaits!
The cost for the Retreat is FREE. Please review the details and requirements to follow
P O L I C I E S:
1. Attendance: Participants must be either Active Duty Military, Military Veteran, First Responder (active or former Police, Fire, Emergency Medical), attending solo or with 1 guest (partner/spouse/battle buddy/agency partner).
2. Cancellation: We understand life happens. However, please honor brothers and sisters waiting to take your place; they need as much advance notice as possible. Although this is a free program at no cost to you, this entire program is funded by the host and private donors who are counting on your attendance.
3. Trust: To ensure trust among all participants, attendees must be able to arrive no later than 5:30 PM Friday 9/8/23, and depart no earlier than 2:30 PM Sunday 9/10/23. Exceptions? Please ask.
4. Drugs, Alcohol & Smoking: Drugs not prescribed are not permitted. No alcohol or vaping is allowed on site. Cigarette smoking permitted in designated area only.
Meet Your Retreat Host
An experienced Mental Health professional for over 33 years, Mary
empowers teens, couples, Military Service Members, Veterans,
and First Responders to transform "the tough stuff": loss, grief,
strained relationships, personal identity, post-traumatic stress,
ethical conflicts, and moral trauma.
Her experience includes serving families in urban housing projects and hospital settings; Military, Veterans, First Responders and their families as former Co-Founder and Education Program Director for Health4Heroes; and Program Director, Education Facilitator, and Counselor for National Veterans Wellness & Healing Center.
Mary offers private mental health consultation from her office in
Loveland, and workshops and Fitness & Educational
retreats throughout the US. Always up for adventure, she also
enjoys traveling, hiking her dog "Butters", and meeting new friends.
"Anyone who works with Mary Scott can’t go wrong. I was depressed, angry, drinking a lot, overwhelmed with my emotions, and on the verge of losing my job. Mary used various things to help me overcome my depression and anger. She is incredible: kind, considerate, patient, and willing to help her clients face their personal demons. Mary may not tell you what you want to hear, but she will help you find the next step. If you’re hurting or just tired of this mad, crazy world, she can help you find the light at the end of the tunnel.”